Job Description :
1. Market Research
The most common duty of a Product Analyst is to utilize data analysis software to research market trends. Their main contribution to a company is to correctly project the costs of developing and marketing a product, as well as potential sales and profit. As well, they create reports about the performance of a given product, and suggest possible improvements, which are done by reading reports and reviews.
Before putting a product on the market, or to determine what upgrades can help increase sales of an already-developed offering, Product Analysts interview existing customers and/or potential users to get their feedback. This can be done via conducting focus groups, individual interviews and usability tests as well as anonymous surveys.
3. Inter-departmental Collaboration
In this role, individuals must liaise with numerous parties from different departments. Product Analysts work with marketing departments to explore entering into new market sectors; advise salespeople on a competitive pricing strategy; project the costs of development and launch for the finance department; as well as suggest improvements to the development team.
4. Product Analytics
As the job title implies, a Product Analyst’s main task is to provide lifelong product analysis. This responsibility encompasses studying the competition to see what is already on the market, and what upgrades can be introduced to create a better or more useful product. Once the product is ready to be sold, these professionals monitor its performance across different markets, and prepare detailed reports. A Product Analyst’s job typically doesn’t end with the creation of the product; instead, they monitor its performance on the market to meet or exceed sales projections.
- Ensure all agents/hotels and suppliers are re-contracted within specified deadlines with a minimum 3 months prior to expiry.
- Negotiate with agents/hotels and suppliers regularly monitor to ensure the company has the best rates.
- Negotiate special offers and exclusive deals with all agents/hotels and suppliers throughout the year.
- Address and resolve any standard/ service level issues with agents/hotels and suppliers
- At least 10 years of experience in the related field or position
- The ability to conduct market research
- Excellent writing skills to prepare detailed reports
- Ability to synthesize complex data into actionable goals
- Critical thinking skills to recommend original and productive ideas
- Interpersonal skills to work collaboratively with various stakeholders who may have competing interests
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Capable of working independently as well as part of a team
- Ambitious with the ability to think on your feet
- Ability to multitask and prioritise work effectively
- Independent person and a self starter.
- Minimum a degree holder in relevant field.
Borneo Eco Tours, Kota KinabaluApply this Position