Borneo Eco Tours made a significant decision to commit to ethics, values and clean living by signing the Unashamedly Ethical pledge form. We became part of an international group of over 5,000 organisations who have made such a commitment. This decision has the potential to change the destiny of the organisation, industry and nation.
We have decided to do the right thing and to do it right now!
We have made the following commitments
- To be honest and athical in all our dealings.
- To provide efficient, economic and effective products and services in an impartial manner.
- To provide all stakeholders with timely, accessible and accurate information.
- To refuse to elicit, accept or pay any bribes, and to encourage others to do the same.
- To negotiate all contracts with utmost integrity.
- To pay taxes, and to honour all my creditors.
- To pay reasonable salaries and wages.
- To submit ourselves to just and ethical governing authorities.
- To remember the poor by investing generously and sacrificially in the broader community.
- To collaborate with our peers to impact our community and nation.
ECO TOURISM GUIDELINES
|28 Nov 2015||Global Sustainable Tourism Criteria for Hotels and Tour Operators|
|16 May 2014||Global Sustainable Tourism Standards (GSTC) for hotels|
|26 Feb 2014||Global Code of Ethics for Tourism|
|13 Oct 2008||Global Sustainable Tourism Criteria|
|8 May 2008||TIES Announces the Oslo Statement on Ecotourism|
|1 Jan 2000||World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC) Environmental Guidelines|
|1 Jan 1999||PATA Code for Environmentally Responsible Tourism|
|1 Jan 1999||World Conference on Sustainable Tourism|
|1 Jan 1999||CODE OF ETHICS FOR TOURISTS|
|1 Jan 1999||Code of Practice for Ecotourism Operators|
|1 Jan 1999||TEN COMMANDMENTS ON ECO-TOURISM|
|1 Jan 1999||BORNEO ECO TOURS - Code of Practice|
|1 Jan 1989||THE NATIONAL AUDUBON SOCIETY TRAVEL ETHIC|