What are cookies?
Cookies are tiny text files that are downloaded to your internet browser and stored on your device (computer, smartphone, tablet etc) as a way to improve your experience. Cookies contain information about your visits to that website. Cookies enable our website to remember you, and your browsing habits, when you visit it again later on in the future.
You can learn more about cookies in general here: https://cookiesandyou.com/
Cookies allow us to tailor to your needs by gathering and remembering information according to your preferences, and also enabling you to log into your account. Besides that, it helps us to plan the content and layout of our site and recognise returning visitors that have been to our site before. Cookies also helps us to identify which pages on our website are being used, and also to analyse web traffic.
You can prevent these cookies from being stored however, this may downgrade certain functionalities of the website.
- Recognise you whenever you visit our website (this speeds up your access to the website so that you do not have to log in each time)
- Allow you to use the ZenDesk Chat to ask questions through live chat as you navigate through our website
- Obtain information about your preferences, online movements and internet usage
- Carry out research and analysis on statistics to help improve our content, products and services and to help us better understand our customer/visitor requirements and interests
- Allow us to make our marketing to you more relevant and to target advertising to you while you are on other sites
These are cookies that cannot be opted-out of and are required for the operation of www.BorneoEcoTours.com, as well as to meet our contractual obligations with 3rd party suppliers. An example of an essential analytics cookie is Google Analytics which provides us with anonymous and aggregated website performance data. This excludes remarketing and advertising reporting features.
These cookies are not “Essential”, but they do help us to improve the service we provide to you. One example of a Performance cookie is ZenDesk Chat, which allows you to ask us questions on Live Chat if you have any questions while you navigate through our website.
These cookies allow us to make our marketing to you more relevant and to target advertising to you while you are on other sites. Please note that turning off Marketing cookies won't mean that you will never see any of our advertising, it just means that it will not be personalised. Also, accepting Marketing cookies means that you may see advertising from our partners while on our website.
An example of a Marketing cookie is the Google Analytics cookie (remarketing and advertising reporting features) it records your visit to our websites, the pages you have visited and actions you have taken. We may use this to make our advertising displayed on other sites, search engines or social media platforms more relevant to you.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The Cookies We Set
In order to provide you with a great experience on this site we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page is affected by your preferences.
Third Party Cookies
- Our website uses Google Analytics. It is one of the most common and trusted analytics solution which helps us to understand how you use the website, in turn allowing us to improve user-experience. The things normally cookies may track includes the time you spend on the website and the pages that you visit. You can head over to the Google Analytics page to learn more about Google Analytics cookies here.
- We test our new features on the site from time to time, making subtle changes to how we deliver the site. During this time, these cookies may be used so that you receive a consistent experience while on the website, and at the same time, we too will understand which optimisation our users appreciate the most.
- Other than that, we also use social media buttons/plug-ins on this website, allowing you to connect with your various social networks. These includes Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and Google Plus. The cookies are set through our website which may be used to enhance your profile on the respective social media sites, or contribute to the data they collect outlined in the respective privacy policies of the mentioned networks.
Hopefully that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren’t sure whether you need or not it’s usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site.
However if you are still looking for more information then you can contact us through one of our preferred contact methods: