DO YOU WANT TO GROW WITH A LEARNING ORGANIZATION?
Updated : 1 December 2016
Borneo Eco Tours was founded in 1991, supported with less than 10 staff at that time. Who knows, 25 years and numerous international awards later, BET has grown to become one of the top inbound tour companies in Borneo and expanded to more than 100 team players. And yet, we are still growing and are looking for passionate, creative and innovative talents who are ready to make an impact in our companies, communities and environment.
Our strengths rely on our dynamic crews, positive company culture, susceptible to changes and always willing to go the extra miles. Each and every BET team player has the opportunity to grow their potential. In house trainings are conducted on a regular basis in different aspects of personal development including financial planning, leadership, public speaking and self-confidence.
Borneo Eco Tours (BET) has a wide range of job opportunities available from time to time. Anyone with a deep passion for ecotourism, tourism or the environment will find many interesting opportunities at BET. However, qualifications are not limited to these fields. We may consider applications from various people whom possess a wide range of abilities and skills to see if they can fill a role in our company.
Interested applicants are invited to submit the detailed resume to
- Provide leadership and management of all sales activities, including: participation in annual budget creation and management; researching and fully developing market segment targets, analyze market trends and make improvement recommendation, strategic development and execution of sales campaigns, and industry interaction.
- Achieving sales targets,
- Understanding industry trends, product capabilities and customer requirements,
- Ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Analyzes sales figures and forecasts future sales volume
- Ensures that company procedures, guidelines and standards are followed
- Collaborate on strategic planning with team member’s staff to establish departmental goals, develop sales materials, brand tradeshow presence and promotions to increase sales.
- Represents the company locally and out-of-town with a primary sales focus of potential out-of town leisure travellers, recreational groups, and relevant parts of the market.
- Research, identify, work with and solicit group tour planners, other tour operators, travel writers, hotel partners, and others to generate sales.
- Ensures that sales efforts are progressing and meeting goals, targets, etc.
- Attends and participates in trade shows, industry meetings, sales efforts, bid presentations, and sales calls to promote the company.
- Develops and conducts personal marketing and promotional visits to potential clients and makes presentations in bidding on groups.
- Manage, the sales team including mentoring, coaching, performance feedback and recruitment.
- Do a yearly learning and development plan to increase the capabilities of the sales team.
- Researches and provides solutions to escalated travel-related issues from clients
- Foster a positive team environment and provide strong leadership
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Having a passion for Borneo and tourism to Borneo.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced work environment and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong desire for tourism sales with focus on career and industry growth.
- Will maintain a cooperative, team-like attitude in working with supervisors and fellow employees (including other departments).
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients.
- Ability to make verbal presentations to groups of various sizes.
- Will demonstrate exceptional skills in sales, customer relations, communications, and problem solving.
- Ability to work independently, exercising good judgment, and initiative.
- Ability to prepare appropriate reports, correspondence, memoranda, agreements and budget projections in a highly professional manner.
- Ability to project and recognize potential problems and implement corrective action.
- Provides the highest customer service excellence.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Well verse in computer skills
- Bachelor degree in related field.
- Appropriate experience in Hospitality, Tourism Sales, Operations, Sales Management in hotel industry, destination management organization, tourism-related entity or appropriate field.
- Minimum 2 years of experience leading a team or managing employees.
- Education and experience may be evaluated to meet minimum requirements.
- Knowledge of travel and hospitality, and other related tourism industries required.
- Must show pattern of significant growth and consistency in prior work experience.
- Must be free to travel as needed to carry out organizational goals
- Good command in English
- Candidate must possess minimum LCCI/Diploma/Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma in Accounting
- Must be able to manage challenges in a positive manner
- Able to work with minimum supervision
- Minimum of 4 - 5 years of experiences
- Defines site objectives by analyzing user requirements; envisioning system features and functionality.
- Designs and develops user interfaces by setting expectations and features priorities throughout development life cycle; determining design methodologies and tool sets; completing programming using languages and software products; designing and conducting tests.
- Spearhead SEO and other digital marketing activities
- Recommends system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of custom development and purchase alternatives.
- Integrates applications by designing database architecture and server scripting; studying and establishing connectivity with network systems, search engines, and information servers.
- Creates multimedia applications by using authoring tools.
- Completes applications development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Supports users by developing documentation and assistance tools.
- Updates job knowledge by researching new internet/intranet technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Supports and develops web application developers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree of Professional Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- Knowledge in Angular, Nativescript and implementation of Google tools and latest web development
- Familiar in JSON and XML based web services
- Minimum 2-3 years work experience
- To answer incoming email / fax and make necessary tour arrangement within 24 to 48 hours.
- To secure and close sales from agents and/or walk-in clients.
- To ensure booking are properly finalized before clients' arrival and to ensure all arrangement are well taken care of to avoid interruption of service.
- Liase with suppliers and hoteliers for bookings.
- Research various destinations and means of travel regarding prices, customers, weather conditions, reviews etc.
- Diagnose the clients’ specifications and wishes and suggest suitable travel packages or services.
- Organize travels from beginning to end, through booking tickets and accommodation, securing rental transportation etc.
- Supply travelers with pertinent information and useful travel/holiday material (guides, maps, event programs etc)
- Assist and assuring payment/invoices are collected before the tour commences.
- Takes accountability by updating daily sales in system.
- Attend conferences to maintain familiarity with tourism trends.
- Maintain relationship with key persons.
- Reach the revenue and profit targets.
- Use promotional techniques and prepare promotional materials to sell itinerary tour packages.
- Diploma/degree in Toursim Management or related field.
- Good command in English, both verbal and written communication. Ability to speak and write well in Chinese is an added advantage.
- Have a good customer relation skills/PR skills.
- Passionate about what Sabah has to offer as a destination.
- Enjoy dealing with customer through email and telephone.
- Able to work indoor most of the time.
- Fresh graduate with outstanding performance will be considered.
- Experience in planning and delivering software platforms used across multiple products and organizational units.
- Strong grasp of code security principles and how they apply to organization’s external applications such as company websites, e-payment etc.
- Gather information requirements and feedback by liaising and consulting with end users such as user staffs, analysts and designers.
- Analyse, design and implement software feature requests from users to enhance and extend current in-house application system’s capability by writing code based on targeted platform.
- Writing of software technical documentation and user operating manuals.
- Provide end user training and support.
- Perform debugging of code and code fixes. Conduct software testing to ensure system operates smoothly and reliably.
- Confirms program operation by conducting tests on local or test server before deployment to live server.
- Maintains historical records by documenting program development and revisions.
- Maintains system security, data integrity and information confidentiality.
- Maintains professionalism and keeping up with latest trends in technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Good communication, interpersonal and analytical skills with a can do attitude
- Experience in apps/mobile web development will be an added advantage
- Experience in API/Web Service integration and development will be an added advantage
- Knowledge in ERP and automated testing will be an added advantage
- Preferably Intermediate Executives with 3 year(s) of working experience in related field
Updated date: 18 June 2018
- Strong organizational and managerial skills
- Maintain an active role through partnerships with community and civic organizations.
- Ability to travel and work all branch operating hours as needed.
- Minimum degree in related fields
- Assemble and check required supplies and equipment before departing for tour.
- Describe points of interest along the tour and answer questions as required.
- May be responsible to guide visitors while operating a vehicle, travelling in a vehicle or on-site while providing commentary or interpretations.
- Monitor visitors' activities in order to ensure compliance with establishment or tour regulations and safety practices.
- May have to either plan and/or conduct itineraries and activities.
- Organize tours by groups or individuals in coaches, cars or on foot.
- Look for an area that can generally be of great interest to a group or a particular group of people.
- Communicate with the group/s or their representative/s about the details of the tour – assembly time and place, destination, accommodation, transportation, immigration concerns (if the tour is set abroad) and costs.
- Finalize all the details with the tour group or their representative.
- Offer specialist knowledge on subjects like plants, natural resources, mammals, insects, birds, history, arts, culture and sciences, designs and architecture.
- During the tour, communicate with your tour group in a cheerful and engaging manner.
- Lead the tour group to points of interest and at the same time provide useful and interesting information in whatever medium – written, oral or through electronic presentations.
- Always make sure of the safety and convenience of your tour group, including doing safety briefing of each tour.
- Make sure all the members of the tour group follow the schedules set.
- Make sure of the hotel accommodation in case the tour is schedule for more than a full working day.
- Make sure that the tour group will be sent home as safely as possible.
- To prepare report on each tour conducted.
- Certified Gold Badge Guide
- Must be able to speak fluent English and Malay, Chinese language will be an added advantage
- Excellent Customer Service Skills, Interpersonal Skills and Emotional Intelligent.
- Willing to work odd hours.
- Having a PSV licence will be an added advantage.
- Basic knowledge of computer usage.
- You are required to check Operation Diary everyday in order for you to discharge your duty according to the assignment delegated to you.
- To ensure that vehicles are clean and in good running condition and safe for use by the passengers before commencing the tour and to report in writing any defect at the end of the tour.
- To assist the Operation Staff in the daily operation of the office when required.
- To conduct your-self in proper manner, always displaying high moral etiquette, integrity, honesty, dependable and diligent so as to project a good self image and uphold the good name of the company.
- You are required to be at the predetermine place 30 minutes for commencement of your tour or transfer. Failing to adhere to the regulation will result in disciplinary action including termination of service.
- To ensure that your driving license and is valid at all times.
- To record the movement of company’s vehicle in the respective vehicle log book.
- Report all accidents and incidents involving drivers or company equipment.
- Perform all duties in accordance with the company policies and procedures and comply with all federal, state and local regulations for the safe operations of a commercial motor vehicle.
- Able to speak english
- Have psv & GDL licience
- Understand the need for great customer service
- Able to work on odd hours
Updated date: 18 June 2018
- Be on time on your shift, prompt with each appointment and perform services within the appropriate time allotted for the service.
- Provide consistent professional massage and body treatments in accordance with spa protocols and accepted certification practices.
- Effectively inform and educate our guests about specific wellness concerns.
- Be flexible with your schedule, supporting the needs of the spa.
- Properly care for equipment and use proper amounts of product to assist with cost controls.
- Have complete knowledge and understanding of all services and products offered.
- Uphold the standards of sanitation and sterilization as directed by law and the spa’s policies and procedures.
- Perform prep work, properly clean and restock room as required.
- Communicate to management any and all occurrences involving staff or guests in the spa that require attention.
- Actively promote the spa, treatments, services and retail, as well as programs, promotions and/or discounts available.
- To meet Spa Sales target by doing selling for spa during welcome briefing and at any possible chance available.
- To conduct spa up selling exercise during meals time by doing Spa demonstration to guest.
- Handle guests’ questions and concerns professionally and courteously.
- Provide accurate, appropriate and immediate responses to all requests by guests.
- Possess the ability to work without direct supervision.
- Maintain a positive attitude and contribute toward a quality work environment.
- Regularly attend, participate in and support training and staff meetings for the spa.
- Assist in all areas of spa operation as requested by management.
- Must be certified spa therapist.
- Provide consistent professional massage and body treatments in accordance with spa protocols and accepted certification practices
- Effectively inform and educate our guests about specific wellness concerns
- Have complete knowledge and understanding of all services and products offered
- Uphold the standards of sanitation and sterilization as directed by law and the spa’s policies and procedures
Updated date: 18 June 2018
Updated date: 18 June 2018
|Sales & Reservations
|Sukau Rainforest Lodge
||Sukau Rainforest Lodge-Sukau, Kinabatangan|
|BEST Society||HQ-Kota Kinabalu|
- Able to speak and write well in English
- Minimum intern period is 3 months – 6 months
- An active person
1. Tourism Undergraduate Scholarship
Our Tourism Undergraduate Scholarship provides a one-off financial support to native Sabahan students of Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS) who are in their second or final year, studying Bachelor Degree in Tourism field with minimum CGPA of 3.5 and above.
Upon completion of your studies and the success of your application, a grant of RM3000 will be granted to the beneficiary where he/she commences an internship at BET for 3 months. The beneficiary then may be absorbed as full time employee, subject to their performance and vacancy.
2. Guide Apprentice Program
This program calls for students who are outdoorsy; fun, adventurous and love to travel; great in story-telling; caring and hospitable; and has a big heart in sharing with tourists about Borneo and its wonders.
Borneo Eco Tours (BET), a leading tour operator in Sabah, Malaysian Borneo is offering University Malaysia Sabah (UMS) students the opportunity to kick-start a career in tour guiding by becoming an apprentice guide through this program. The Guide Apprentice Program is open to native Sabahan undergraduates studying Conservation Biology in UMS.
WHAT WORKING IN BET IS LIKE
Admin Assistant - Sandakan Branch
"I enjoy the lively spirit and excitement shown by our team here"
Admin Manager - Sandakan Branch
"BET is the best. It's my home away from home. I love the family atmosphere. We get all kinds of chances to stretch ourselves - become more creative and innovative. Team players are treated with respect and the company is good at putting people in positions to maximize their capabilities. I do belong!"
Senior Accounts Executive
"BET always encourages me to learn and improve myself so that I have better confidence."
"I joined Borneo Eco tours because I found that a lot of opportunities for me to learn new things through its development programs where not all company can provide."
Senior Tour Consultant
"I love how this company emphasize on bringing out the best in its team players. People here are amazing. We are like family. There will always be someone to help you when you need it."
Rosalind J Kantis
Sales and reservation Executive
"BET is not only a tour company. It is a learning organization with an opportunity to develop myself personally and professionally. BET is also passionate in its Mission and Vision by actively developing the potential of the staff, commitment, attitude, and concern for the community and environment thus it is very fulfilling to be part of something much greater."