DO YOU WANT TO GROW WITH A LEARNING ORGANIZATION?
Updated : 1 December 2016
Borneo Eco Tours was founded in 1991, supported with less than 10 staff at that time. Who knows, 25 years and numerous international awards later, BET has grown to become one of the top inbound tour companies in Borneo and expanded to more than 100 team players. And yet, we are still growing and are looking for passionate, creative and innovative talents who are ready to make an impact in our companies, communities and environment.
Our strengths rely on our dynamic crews, positive company culture, susceptible to changes and always willing to go the extra miles. Each and every BET team player has the opportunity to grow their potential. In house trainings are conducted on a regular basis in different aspects of personal development including financial planning, leadership, public speaking and self-confidence.
Borneo Eco Tours (BET) has a wide range of job opportunities available from time to time. Anyone with a deep passion for ecotourism, tourism or the environment will find many interesting opportunities at BET. However, qualifications are not limited to these fields. We may consider applications from various people whom possess a wide range of abilities and skills to see if they can fill a role in our company.
Interested applicants are invited to submit the detailed resume to
This personnel will need to promote SRL, BET products and Kiulu focusing more on Malaysian agents.
- Sales report and data mining implementation
- Coordinate of events, media, and marketing related issues
- Build relationships with travel agencies and corporate cliental (hotels or airlines)
- Regional & local corporate accounts managements
- Implement targeted sales and marketing plan strategy
- Drive business and target revenue growth on corporate & leisure segments
- Identify, develop, negotiation and acquisition of potential leads
- Actively participate and network in trade shows, conferences, meetings and industry events
- Customer Service Skills (both verbal & written), Communication Skills & Persistence.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook & Excel
- Able to write and converse fluently in English. Chinese language is an added advantage.
- To answer incoming email / fax and make necessary tour arrangement within 24 to 48 hours.
- To secure and close sales from agents and/or walk-in clients.
- To ensure booking are properly finalized before clients' arrival and to ensure all arrangement are well taken care of to avoid interruption of service.
- Liase with suppliers and hoteliers for bookings.
- Research various destinations and means of travel regarding prices, customers, weather conditions, reviews etc.
- Diagnose the clients’ specifications and wishes and suggest suitable travel packages or services.
- Organize travels from beginning to end, through booking tickets and accommodation, securing rental transportation etc.
- Supply travelers with pertinent information and useful travel/holiday material (guides, maps, event programs etc)
- Assist and assuring payment/invoices are collected before the tour commences.
- Takes accountability by updating daily sales in system.
- Attend conferences to maintain familiarity with tourism trends.
- Maintain relationship with key persons.
- Reach the revenue and profit targets.
- Use promotional techniques and prepare promotional materials to sell itinerary tour packages.
- Diploma/degree in Toursim Management or related field.
- Good command in English, both verbal and written communication. Ability to speak and write well in Chinese is an added advantage.
- Have a good customer relation skills/PR skills.
- Passionate about what Sabah has to offer as a destination.
- Enjoy dealing with customer through email and telephone.
- Able to work indoor most of the time.
- 1-2 years of working in the related field.
- Fresh graduate with outstanding performance will be considered.
Updated date: 19 February 2019
- Strong organizational and managerial skills
- Maintain an active role through partnerships with community and civic organizations.
- Ability to travel and work all branch operating hours as needed.
- Minimum degree in related fields
- Assemble and check required supplies and equipment before departing for tour.
- Describe points of interest along the tour and answer questions as required.
- May be responsible to guide visitors while operating a vehicle, travelling in a vehicle or on-site while providing commentary or interpretations.
- Monitor visitors' activities in order to ensure compliance with establishment or tour regulations and safety practices.
- May have to either plan and/or conduct itineraries and activities.
- Organize tours by groups or individuals in coaches, cars or on foot.
- Look for an area that can generally be of great interest to a group or a particular group of people.
- Communicate with the group/s or their representative/s about the details of the tour – assembly time and place, destination, accommodation, transportation, immigration concerns (if the tour is set abroad) and costs.
- Finalize all the details with the tour group or their representative.
- Offer specialist knowledge on subjects like plants, natural resources, mammals, insects, birds, history, arts, culture and sciences, designs and architecture.
- During the tour, communicate with your tour group in a cheerful and engaging manner.
- Lead the tour group to points of interest and at the same time provide useful and interesting information in whatever medium – written, oral or through electronic presentations.
- Always make sure of the safety and convenience of your tour group, including doing safety briefing of each tour.
- Make sure all the members of the tour group follow the schedules set.
- Make sure of the hotel accommodation in case the tour is schedule for more than a full working day.
- Make sure that the tour group will be sent home as safely as possible.
- To prepare report on each tour conducted.
- Certified Gold Badge Guide
- Must be able to speak fluent English and Malay, Chinese language will be an added advantage
- Excellent Customer Service Skills, Interpersonal Skills and Emotional Intelligent.
- Willing to work odd hours.
- Having a PSV licence will be an added advantage.
- Basic knowledge of computer usage.
- You are required to check Operation Diary everyday in order for you to discharge your duty according to the assignment delegated to you.
- To ensure that vehicles are clean and in good running condition and safe for use by the passengers before commencing the tour and to report in writing any defect at the end of the tour.
- To assist the Operation Staff in the daily operation of the office when required.
- To conduct your-self in proper manner, always displaying high moral etiquette, integrity, honesty, dependable and diligent so as to project a good self image and uphold the good name of the company.
- You are required to be at the predetermine place 30 minutes for commencement of your tour or transfer. Failing to adhere to the regulation will result in disciplinary action including termination of service.
- To ensure that your driving license and is valid at all times.
- To record the movement of company’s vehicle in the respective vehicle log book.
- Report all accidents and incidents involving drivers or company equipment.
- Perform all duties in accordance with the company policies and procedures and comply with all federal, state and local regulations for the safe operations of a commercial motor vehicle.
- Able to speak english
- Have psv & GDL licience
- Understand the need for great customer service
- Able to work on odd hours
Updated date: 19 February 2019
- Be on time on your shift, prompt with each appointment and perform services within the appropriate time allotted for the service.
- Provide consistent professional massage and body treatments in accordance with spa protocols and accepted certification practices.
- Effectively inform and educate our guests about specific wellness concerns.
- Be flexible with your schedule, supporting the needs of the spa.
- Properly care for equipment and use proper amounts of product to assist with cost controls.
- Have complete knowledge and understanding of all services and products offered.
- Uphold the standards of sanitation and sterilization as directed by law and the spa’s policies and procedures.
- Perform prep work, properly clean and restock room as required.
- Communicate to management any and all occurrences involving staff or guests in the spa that require attention.
- Actively promote the spa, treatments, services and retail, as well as programs, promotions and/or discounts available.
- To meet Spa Sales target by doing selling for spa during welcome briefing and at any possible chance available.
- To conduct spa up selling exercise during meals time by doing Spa demonstration to guest.
- Handle guests’ questions and concerns professionally and courteously.
- Provide accurate, appropriate and immediate responses to all requests by guests.
- Possess the ability to work without direct supervision.
- Maintain a positive attitude and contribute toward a quality work environment.
- Regularly attend, participate in and support training and staff meetings for the spa.
- Assist in all areas of spa operation as requested by management.
- Must be certified spa therapist.
- Provide consistent professional massage and body treatments in accordance with spa protocols and accepted certification practices
- Effectively inform and educate our guests about specific wellness concerns
- Have complete knowledge and understanding of all services and products offered
- Uphold the standards of sanitation and sterilization as directed by law and the spa’s policies and procedures
Updated date: 19 February 2019
Updated date: 19 February 2019
|Sales & Reservations
|Sukau Rainforest Lodge
||Sukau Rainforest Lodge-Sukau, Kinabatangan|
|BEST Society||HQ-Kota Kinabalu|
- Able to speak and write well in English
- Minimum intern period is 3 months – 6 months
- An active person
1. Tourism Undergraduate Scholarship
Our Tourism Undergraduate Scholarship provides a one-off financial support to native Sabahan students of Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS) who are in their second or final year, studying Bachelor Degree in Tourism field with minimum CGPA of 3.5 and above.
Upon completion of your studies and the success of your application, a grant of RM3000 will be granted to the beneficiary where he/she commences an internship at BET for 3 months. The beneficiary then may be absorbed as full time employee, subject to their performance and vacancy.
2. Guide Apprentice Program
This program calls for students who are outdoorsy; fun, adventurous and love to travel; great in story-telling; caring and hospitable; and has a big heart in sharing with tourists about Borneo and its wonders.
Borneo Eco Tours (BET), a leading tour operator in Sabah, Malaysian Borneo is offering University Malaysia Sabah (UMS) students the opportunity to kick-start a career in tour guiding by becoming an apprentice guide through this program. The Guide Apprentice Program is open to native Sabahan undergraduates studying Conservation Biology in UMS.
WHAT WORKING IN BET IS LIKE
Admin Assistant - Sandakan Branch
"I enjoy the lively spirit and excitement shown by our team here"
Admin Manager - Sandakan Branch
"BET is the best. It's my home away from home. I love the family atmosphere. We get all kinds of chances to stretch ourselves - become more creative and innovative. Team players are treated with respect and the company is good at putting people in positions to maximize their capabilities. I do belong!"
Senior Accounts Executive
"BET always encourages me to learn and improve myself so that I have better confidence."
"I joined Borneo Eco tours because I found that a lot of opportunities for me to learn new things through its development programs where not all company can provide."
Senior Tour Consultant
"I love how this company emphasize on bringing out the best in its team players. People here are amazing. We are like family. There will always be someone to help you when you need it."
Rosalind J Kantis
Sales and reservation Executive
"BET is not only a tour company. It is a learning organization with an opportunity to develop myself personally and professionally. BET is also passionate in its Mission and Vision by actively developing the potential of the staff, commitment, attitude, and concern for the community and environment thus it is very fulfilling to be part of something much greater."