You want to best of Borneo's wildlife but on a tight budget? Stay at the award winning Sukau Rainforest Lodge, a charter member of National Geographic Unique Lodges of the World and see many of Borneo's rare and endangered species including the Bornean pygmy elephant, orangutan and proboscis monkey. Travel at a reduced price by going overland instead without compromising the wildlife and lodging experience.
- Observe the endangered orangutans at Sepilok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Centre
- Get a glimpse and learn about the Sun Bears at Borneo Sunbear Conservations Centre
- 02 Nights at Sukau Rainforest Lodge, a National Geographic Unique Lodges of the World, Superior Room. Travel to SRL by overland
- 02 evening river cruises and 01 early morning river cruise in search of Borneo's wildlife and birdlife
- Nature walk along Hornbill Boardwalk and Attenborough Boardwalk to learn about the flora in the area and maybe even sight some wildlife and bird life
- At Sukau Rainforest Lodge, enjoy a night safari river cruise through Kinabatangan River to spot nocturnal wildlife (Optional Tour)
- After breakfast in Sukau Rainforest Lodge, explore the elephant migration path on a 2-hour Rasig Wildlife Trek (Optional Tour)
- Experience the uniqueness of Gomantong Cave and its surrounding in search of wild orangutans and then witness the amazing bat exodus at dusk (Optional Tour)
- Explore the delights of Borneo's tropical rainforests at Rainforest Discovery Centre
- Learn about the Prisoners of War during World War II at Sandakan Memorial Park
IncludedTours and transfers, accommodation and meals as specified, and English speaking guide.
Domestic airfare (Kota Kinabalu(BKI) - Sandakan(SDK) - Kota Kinabalu(BKI)), camera fee and items not mentioned, Tourism Tax (TTx) flat rate of RM10 per room per night.
Sandakan - Sepilok - Sukau Rainforest Lodge (Overland)
On arrival at Sandakan Airport, head to Sepilok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Centre. There, you'll be treated to an enlightening video show about the conservation efforts done at the centre. Enjoy a ten minute walk in the midst of the rainforest and witness the feeding of orangutans at the feeding platform before observing them over at the outdoor nursery. After, head to the Sun Bear Conservation Centre next door after to learn more about the smallest bears in the world.
Depart for an estimated 2 hours overland journey to the multi-award winning Sukau Rainforest Lodge. Enjoy a river cruise in search of Borneo's wildlife and birds. Return to lodge to savour a candle light dinner on the pier, followed by slide presentation and interpretation by a naturalist guide. Overnight at the Sukau Rainforest Lodge.
Note on Camera Use at Sepilok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Centre:For any camera with zoom lens from 100 to 400mm, video camera or other video recording equipment for personal use are chargeable at RM10.00 per unit. For any camera (fixed-lens - 400mm and above ) or any film-making equipment are chargeable at RM1,000.00 per unit. Mode of payment is cash only.
For the comfort and convenience of our guests, it is recommended to travel light by preparing an overnight bag for your stay in Sukau Rainforest Lodge. Complimentary storage in Sandakan will be provided for any extra luggage. (For guests departing & returning to Sandakan Only).
Sukau Rainforest Lodge
Rise and shine for the morning river cruise up the Kinabatangan River to Kelenanap oxbow lake to view more birds and wildlife. After breakfast, join in the nature walk along the lodge's Hornbill Boardwalk with the in-house naturalist. After lunch, it will be free at leisure. In the afternoon, proceed for another river cruise for more wildlife. Overnight at the Sukau Rainforest Lodge.
Feel free to explore the boardwalk at the back of our lodge at your own leisure. Who knows you may get lucky and spot an Orang Utan!
Experience profound relaxation and comfort at Halia Spa, Sukau Rainforest Lodge, as we provide an 'escape from the ordinary' by offering you a blend of both traditional and modern Spa treatments.
Our Night Cruise comes Highly Recommended to all our guests (available with a small fee)
Sukau Rainforest Lodge - Sandakan - Transfer out (overland)
Have breakfast before returning to Sandakan by overland journey. After lunch, proceed to airport for the 1430hrs flight to Kota Kinabalu. For those taking the evening flight, you'll have a chance to visit Rainforest Discovery Centre. Take a bird view of the centre from the canopy walk and hanging bridge, explore the botanical garden, home to various species of flora. Proceed to Sandakan Memorial Park for a short visit before taking the flight.
Things to Bring
Please bring along sun block lotion, personal toiletries, torch light, insect repellent, drinking water bottle, walking shoes, binoculars, camera, hat & raincoat.
Borneo Eco Tours is moving towards a plastic-free environment, so, please join our movement by bringing your own refillable water bottle during your time with us.
|ROOM||RATES PER PERSON||SINGLE SUPPLEMENT|
|Superior||MYR 1682.00||MYR 420.00|
High season surcharge: MYR 168.00 at Sukau Rainforest Lodge (July & August)
The following discounts apply to tours that include Sukau Rainforest Lodge ONLY:
- Children age 3 and below - Free
- Children ages 4 to 12 may share a room with ONE adult - 25% discount
- Children ages 4 to 12 may share a room with TWO adult - 50% discount
Giving Back: Every international adult guest who stays at SRL contributes MYR 20.00 for Conservation Contribution (CC).
Price valid from 01 April 2019 till 31 March 2020