Similar to the Mulu Pinnacles trail, only that after ascending the pinnacles we proceed to journey across landscape by an old headhunters trail through gentle countryside to Kuala Terikan. From here, we take a boat across river rapids to an authentic Iban longhouse for overnight. Thereafter we depart from either Limbang airport or from Brunei.
- Climb Gunung Api and witness the magnificient Mulu Pinnacles
- Go cave-spelunking down the Mulu Caves, a renowned World Heritage Site
- Traverse the Terikan River and its forests on foot and by longboat
- Stay overnight at an authentic Iban longhouse
- An overnight stay at the beautiful Mulu Marriot Resort and Spa
- Discover exotic plants, insects, and wildlife in Borneo’s virgin jungles
- Observe bats in their natural habitat as they swarm out of their caves in the evening (weather permitting)
- Immerse yourself in the cultural lifestyle of the Penan people
- Swim at the clear water springs close after a refreshing picnic at the Clearwater summer hut
IncludedTours and transfers and meals as specified, and English speaking guide.
Camera fee and items not mentioned.
Mulu - Mulu Marriot Resort & Spa - Mulu National Park
Upon arrival Mulu Airport, meet and greet by our friendly representative and transfer to Mulu Marriott Resort & Spa for check in. Afternoon, meet at resort lobby and transfer to Mulu National Park headquarters. Upon registration and proceed on plank walk for 3 Km to reach Deer Cave & Lang Cave. After exploring the caves, proceed to bats observatory to observe bats flying out of caves entrance at late evening (Only confine to fine weather). Return journey on the same plank walk to park headquarters and transfer back to resort. Overnight at resort.
Mulu National Park - Long Litut - Camp 5
Breakfast and transfer by longboat proceed to Batu Bungan - Penan Settlement, to observe the tribe lifestyle and to select handicrafts on display for sale at Penan Settlement. Continue journey by longboat to Wind Cave and Clearwater Cave. Picnic lunch at Clearwater summer huts and relax for a while then continue journey by longboat to Long Litut. Then jungle trek for 3 hours to Camp 5. Dinner and overnight at Camp 5.
Camp 5 - Kuala Terikan
Breakfast at Camp 5 and walk through lowland forest to Terikan river (Pack lunch), then by longboat down the Terikan and medalam rivers to longhouse. Dinner and overnight at longhouse.
Kuala Terikan - Limbang - Transfer out
Breakfast at longhouse. After breakfast transfer by by road to the town of Limbang. Afternoon transfer to Limbang airport for flight back to Miri or next destination.
Things to Bring
Please bring along torchlight, rain coat, walking shoes with good grid, drinking water bottle, towel, swim wear, slippers and insect repellent.
Borneo Eco Tours is moving towards a plastic-free environment, so, please join our movement by bringing your own refillable water bottle during your time with us.
MYR 2878.00 /per person
Single Supplement: MYR 195.00
Price valid from 01 April 2019 till 31 March 2020