Tuaran Adventure Ride
A cycling tour in Tamparuli, just 45 minutes from Kota Kinabalu. The day ride takes you through the heartland of the Dusun people; small riverside villages, jungle plantations and onto the coastal plains, ending up with a traditional lunch.
Pick up from your hotel and drive approximately 45minutes to the starting point in Tamparuli. A short briefing by your Mountain Bike Guide before hitting the route in the countryside of Borneo. Our day ride takes us through the heartland of the Dusun people; small riverside villages, jungle plantations and onto the coastal plain. Forty percent of this ride is on dirt roads and at some stages are quite rough. For the rest of the ride we travel on small village roads with very little traffic. There are hanging bridges to add to the excitement. (Lunch)
1. An Adventurous Spirit - this is off the tourist trail so don't expect many facilities on the way.
2. Be prepared for physical exertion, this ride is up to 26km long and it can be hot.
3. Basic biking skills.
1. This tour is almost totally away from other tour destinations and it is unlikely that you will not see any other tourists.
2. If at any time you feel unwell or need a rest there is a vehicle close by.
3. Our guides are all trained in first aid and we carry comprehensive first aid kits.
4. Water and isotonic drinks are provided.
Transfers, good quality mountain Bike with disc brakes, water bottle, lunch, mountain biking guide, snacks and first aid kit.
MYR 290 per person
Every international adult guest who stays at SRL contributes MYR 20 for Conservation Contribution (CC).
Valid till 31 March 2018.
All rates are inclusive of 6% GST.