Tuaran Adventure Ride
A cycling tour in Tamparuli, just 45 minutes from Kota Kinabalu. The day ride takes you through the heartland of the Dusun people; small riverside villages, jungle plantations and onto the coastal plains, ending up with a traditional lunch.
- Cycling through the countryside of Tuaran
- Enjoy a local lunch
Pick up from your hotel and drive approximately 45minutes to the starting point in Tamparuli. A short briefing by your Mountain Bike Guide before hitting the route in the countryside of Borneo. Our day ride takes us through the heartland of the Dusun people; small riverside villages, jungle plantations and onto the coastal plain. Forty percent of this ride is on dirt roads and at some stages are quite rough. For the rest of the ride we travel on small village roads with very little traffic. There are hanging bridges to add to the excitement. (Lunch)
1. An Adventurous Spirit - this is off the tourist trail so don't expect many facilities on the way.
2. Be prepared for physical exertion, this ride is up to 26km long and it can be hot.
3. Basic biking skills.
1. This tour is almost totally away from other tour destinations and it is unlikely that you will not see any other tourists.
2. If at any time you feel unwell or need a rest there is a vehicle close by.
3. Our guides are all trained in first aid and we carry comprehensive first aid kits.
4. Water and isotonic drinks are provided.
THINGS TO BRING: Please bring along shorts and trainers (no sandals), sunglasses, sun cream, personal medication, change of clothes for the return journey and towel.Borneo Eco Tours is moving towards a plastic-free environment, so, please join our movement by bringing your own refillable water bottle during your time with us.
Transfers, good quality mountain Bike with disc brakes, water bottle, lunch, mountain biking guide, snacks and first aid kit.
Note on Travel Insurance
Customers are encouraged to purchase their own travel insurance before travelling to Borneo. We recommend you to select a travel insurance policy that covers not only your medical expenses (including emergency repatriation) but also personal liability, cancellation, curtailment and loss of luggage. Doing so can prevent major disruptions and additional costs.
Rates For Travelling Until 31 March 2019
MYR 300 per person
Rates For Travelling From 01 April 2019 and Onwards
MYR 318 per person
Please be informed that the prices are nett and inclusive of 6% SST for accommodations, meals, tours, and transfers under the Malaysian Law.