About this tour
Be amazed by the richest and most exotic of birdlife of Borneo as you explore the East Coast of Sabah with our in-house Birding specialist guides. Over 8 wonderful days, we'll cover the Sepilok Nature Reserve, the Kinabatangan River and the Tabin Wildlife reserve where there are more than 316 different birds, 20 of them endemic to Borneo. Stay at the award winning ecolodge Sukau Rainforest Lodge.
- Birding at Sepilok Nature Reserve
- 02 Nights stay at Sukau Rainforest Lodge, National Geographic unique lodges of the world, Superior Room. Travel to SRL by speedboat
- 03 afternoon river cruises and 02 early morning river cruise in search of Borneo's birdlife
- Nature walk along Hornbill Boardwalk and Attenborough Boardwalk to learn about the flora in the area and maybe even sight some wildlife and birdlife
- Experience the uniqueness of Gomantong Cave and its surrounding to witness the amazing bat exodus at dusk and see the bat hawks in action
- At Sukau Rainforest Lodge, enjoy a night safari river cruise through Kinabatangan River to spot nocturnal wildlife (Optional Tour)
- Bird watching in Tabin Wildlife Reserve
- Exploring Kinabatangan River
IncludedTours and transfers, accommodation and meals as specified, private river cruise in Sukau, entrance fees and English speaking guide.
Domestic airfare (Kota Kinabalu (BKI) - Sandakan (SDK) & Lahad Datu (LDU) - Kota Kinabalu (BKI), camera fee and items not mentioned, Tourism Tax (TTx) flat rate of RM10 per room per night.
Sandakan - Sepilok
Touch down at Sandakan Airport and be greeted by your guide and captain. Transfer to Sepilok Nature Resort. Take your time to relax and unwind. Overnight at Sepilok area.
Rainforest Discovery Centre
Get ready for a full-day of birdwatching in Rainforest Discovery Centre and explore the wonders of Borneo's flora, wildlife and birdlife. Overnight at Sepilok area.
Sepilok - Sukau Rainforest Lodge
Another exciting day of birdwatching awaits in Sepilok with a chance of spotting Borneo's ginger apes, the Orangutans during feeding time, then later a quick visit to the Sun Bear Conservation Centre. Depart to Sukau around noon on a 2.5hr boat journey through Sabah's longest river, Kinabatangan. Along the way, you'll get a chance to see some birdlife and wildlife. Check in at Sukau Rainforest Lodge and join in the afternoon river cruise for birdwatching. <'p>
Sukau Rainforest Lodge - Kinabatangan River - Gomantong Cave
Delight in a morning and afternoon river cruise for more birdwatching. Later, visit Gomantong Caves on one of the evenings to witness the exodus of bats as the bat hawks fly in for the kill. Go on the optional night cruise on one of these nights to get up close and observe sleeping birds nesting on the lower branches for great photo opportunities.
Sukau Rainforest Lodge - Kinabatangan River
Delight in a morning and afternoon river cruise for more birdwatching. Go on the optional night cruise on one of these nights to get up close and observe sleeping birds nesting on the lower branches for great photo opportunities.
Sukau Rainforest Lodge - Lahad Datu - Tabin Wildlife Reserve
After breakfast, proceed 2.5 hours overland to Lahad Datu before travelling another 1.5 hours on gravel road to Tabin Wildlife Reserve another haven for bird watching enthusiasts which boasts approximately 220 species of birds.
Tabin Wildlife Reserve
Another exciting full day of bird watching in Tabin. Overnight at Tabin Wildlife Resort.
Tabin Wildlife Reserve - Transfer Out
After breakfast, it will be free and easy until check out. Transfer to Lahad Datu Airport for late afternoon flight to Kota Kinabalu.
Things to Bring
Borneo Eco Tours is moving towards a plastic-free environment, so, please join our movement by bringing your own refillable water bottle during your time with us.
|ROOM||RATES PER PERSON||SINGLE SUPPLEMENT|
|Superior||MYR 9171.00||MYR 3288.00|
High season surcharge: MYR 252.00 at Sukau Rainforest Lodge (July & August)
The following discounts apply to tours that include Sukau Rainforest Lodge ONLY:
- Children age 3 and below - Free
- Children ages 4 to 12 may share a room with ONE adult - 25% discount
- Children ages 4 to 12 may share a room with TWO adult - 50% discount
Giving Back: Every international adult guest who stays at SRL contributes MYR 20.00 for Conservation Contribution (CC).
Price valid from 01 April 2019 till 31 March 2020