Borneo Eco Tours (BET) is delighted to announce an extra-special competition, giving you the chance to name a sun bear at Bornean Sun Bear Conservation Centre (BSBCC) in Sepilok that we are adopting. One lucky winner will receive a tour voucher worth RM500, and a lifetime worth of pride having a bear named after your creativity! The naming ceremony will be on our 25th Anniversary Celebration this 25th October 2016.
Also known as the honey bear for its love of honey, Sun Bear is the smallest, least well-known and one of the rarest of all the bear species. The sun bear can be clearly distinguished from other bears by a white or yellowish patch on the chest. An excellent climber, they often spend considerable time in trees and feed on sweet fruits, small rodents, birds, termites, and other insects.
Our sun bear is called Ronnie, or Beruang 34 at the moment. A female aged 1, the name was given to her by her previous owner who surrendered her to the BSBCC.
Ronnie is adaptable to her surroundings, likes to be dirty, and enjoys play fighting with her playmates. When her food arrives, she will growl and sends out warning signaling that she wants the food first. She loves spending time on her favourite tree and like most of us, enjoys napping.
Whether you decide to pop out a creative name, to name it through the defining traits of coloring attributed to some specific breeds, or even through the identifying marks and traits (hint: our sun bear has a sun shaped with sprinkled with light black dots chest mark!), all you have to do is to think of a perfect name….so get you thinking caps on!
How to Participate :
Click on this link and fill up the form. It’s THAT easy!
Terms and Conditions
- The management of Borneo Eco Tours and Bornean Sun Bear Conservation Centre will be the judges to choose the perfect name for this resident sun bear and their decision is final.
- Winner of the contest will win a tour voucher worth of RM500 from Borneo Eco Tours; a certificate, a photograph of the named sun bear and a sun bear soft toy from BSBCC.
- The voucher:
- Can be redeemed with any tours by Borneo Eco Tours.
- Cannot be exchanged for cash.
- Not valid with other promotions or discounts.
- Valid for 1 year from issue excluding July and August.
- Voucher is transferable.
Brought to you by : Borneo Eco Tours and Borneo Sun Bear Conservation Centre
Photo credit : BSBCC